Monday, January 10, 2011

Waiting for Santa Layout

I'm back in Richmond and ready to start blogging again! I wanted to share with you a layout I made when I was down in NC visiting my family. It's a simple Christmas layout - the picture is of my adorable little nephew - it was his first Christmas so it was special being able to spend it with him.
I made these flowers by cutting a 2in circle, covering it in score tape and wrapping this ruffly ribbon around it, and topping it off with a Prima flower center. Oh and this swirls - I made those with my fancy new Silhouette! The paper is Websters Pages (one of my faves!) and if you are curious where I find my paper and other fabulous scrappy products - I get them mostly from my friend Melissa Samuels who has her own online shop here. You should definitely check it out - she carries all my fave brands!

If this is your first time to my blog - Welcome! I would love for you to become a follower of my blog or my facebook page!(see link on right side of my blog!)

This post is linked at Sumo's Sweet Stuff and here:
mmm buttonMakingPaper Issues Blog DesignPhotobucketKeeping It Simple Passionately Artistic

14 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

great layout! love it!

Donna B said...

Love the paper, the layout and what a cute little guy!! Your work is beautiful Melissa!

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Oh wow! You did a great job! Love the flowers!

hilde janbroers said...

gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layout! I love the balloon!!!

paperfusion said...

Beautiful! What a priceless expression on the little one's face! TFS

paperfusion said...

Beautiful! What a priceless expression on the little one's face! TFS

Deborah said...

LOVE it ♥

ScrappnBee said...

Georgeous! Love it! Great job with the cutouts/paper piecing of the Santas and the FABULOUS flowers!

Jen said...

That is cute!!
I love meeting kindred crafting spirits. :)
Hope you come by to say hi.
Cheers!
Jen
http://cariboobutterflycrafts.blogspot.com

Sharla said...

Love this,and love the look on your nephews face! The flowers are gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful layout! And those flowers are so pretty and professional it's unbelievable. Thank you for sharing!

robindefender said...

Gorgeous layout!

Turnedgypsy said...

Hello did the linking party too. I love your blog.

Giveaways I have are April Showers cricut cart, Scal Software, 1yr Paper Crafts Magazine, 36ct Bic Markers.

I am trying to win a cricut for childrens art department, so I am offering up these prizes.

http://www.facebook.com/JingerAdams