Monday, October 10, 2011

Week of Halloween Tags - Day 1

 
I'm back with a week of Halloween tags!  I did this last year and it was a great way to use all those cute Halloween papers and embellishments I am addicted to buying (but never use!).  Today's tag is inspired by Linda at Craftaholics Anonymous and her Easy Halloween Mummy Tutorial (see it here).
Easy Mummy Tag Tutorial:
1. Paint a tag with either white paint or gesso
2. Glue a pair of googly eyes to the tag.
3. Using ribbon or cheesecloth, or in my case seam binding (that I scrunched and crinkled) glue the end to the back of the tag at the bottom - wrap the ribbon around the tag - leaving space for the eyes.  Glue the other end to the back at the top of the tag.
4. Spray the tag with glimmer mist to give it a little bit of a shimmer (I used the white chalkboard glimmer mist).  I covered the eyes with a piece of seam binding to try to keep them from getting sprayed - but they got sprayed anyways so I just wiped them off after. 
5.  Rub over the tag with distress ink (i used "old paper")
6. Embellish - I added a button to the bottom right corner.
 
Be sure to check back tomorrow and all week for more Halloween tags!
 Photobucket

9 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is just sooo cute!!

kim c said...

cute, cute, cute

Angi Barrs said...

So fun & cute. :)

ShabbyESP said...

Adorable!!!

Suzann ~xoxo~

TheLastOfNine said...

Very cute, you can't go wrong with mummies and ghosts since they don't have much of a face.
Gloria

Unknown said...

This is such a cute tag!! :)

D Q said...

Wow-great tag!

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

This is cute... very creative! :]

Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVE this. Must try it this year. Thank you for the tutorial.
Marcia